Fraudulent transactions in digital payment ecosystem have been on the rise. A new modus operandi has been reported through which fraudster can easily take remote access of a victim's mobile device and carry out transactions. To prevent such frauds take the following precautions :-
- Do not download any unknown/suspicious application without verifying its genuineness.
- Do not grant unwanted permissions which grant remote access.
- Do not share any confidential bank details like debit card number, card expiry date, CVV, OTP, Password, ATM PIN etc. with anyone over call, SMS or email.
- Do not click on suspicious links in SMS or MMS sent to your mobile phone.
- Always keep device OS and antivirus up to date.
- Always keep strong and unique password for mobile as well as for payment related applications.
- Avoid using unknown/unsecured Wi-fi hotspots and keep your Wi-fi turned off when not in use.
- Turn off "Allow installation of Apps from sources other than the Play store" option under Settings > Security